[tei-council] Translating CO into FR

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 06:19:46 EDT 2013

Just to report...

I had a productive meeting with Florence yesterday and she's happy to
proceed. We agreed:
- as soon as I I know what her sf user name is, I'll add her as a developer
- she'll check out the relevant bits and pieces and check that she can build
- she'll work on the CO chapter, dividing it up into bits as suits her
students
- part of the exercise for the students is seeing how svn and xml
editing work together: they will be using a svn repository at the Ecole
des Chartes for this purpose
- once she's happy with the translations, she will check them into the
main tree
- we believe that no modification of individual *spec (i.e. non-chapter)
files will be necessary, but if it is that will be done in the same way
- appropriate French examples will be added, and the French bibliography
will be updated as needed
- the exercise has to be complete by the end of June, since it's part of
the students assessment

We also talked about omegaT which she expressed interest in using for a
future course; there isn't going to be time to get it sorted this time
round though.