[tei-council] Today's little puzzle

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 13:44:26 EDT 2013

On 24 Apr 2013, at 18:38, James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:
>>> But where on earth is the right place to put the template
>>> for the processing instruction? My heart sinks when I
>>> venture into the stylesheet folders...
>> nah, this would be ad hoc transform in Utilities, like
>> p5subset.xsl. the later stylesheets would just see vanilla
>> TEI.
>
> Surely this is the problem we need to solve in helping to make
> the Stylesheets more accessible to a larger community of developers.

sorry, but this a complete red herring. I am suggesting that we add a stage
in the Guidelines build process with an almost-identity tranform which
expands stats PIs, and XIncludes.

this has nothing to do with the general stylesheets and how to persuade
people that it is not that hard to hack them.

When people ask me why I don't document the XSL,
I wonder whether anyone actually _reads_ http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-xsl-common/
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services