[tei-council] Minutes for TEI Council Face-to-Face

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 22 11:38:43 EDT 2013

One thing on the minutes seems incomplete:

[quote]
Following a discussion on lists and @type values -

     Action MH: add proper description to ticket, make a clear proposal
about <list> @type. with respect to suggested values.
[/quote]

This relates to bug 460 (<https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/460/>),
although that's not in the minutes, and the action isn't in the action
list for some reason. I added this comment to the ticket:

"Providence meeting: action on MH to spell out the steps of the proposal
to change from @type to @rend in our recommendations and our guidelines
practice, and to build in support for this in the stylesheets. On
Council's approval, go ahead. Changed from Red to Amber. No objections
raised at Council meeting."

and I've been acting on that since (changing @type to @rend for values
of "ordered" and "simple"), and Sebastian has already added support for
this into the Stylesheets.

My memory of the discussion is that we simply wanted to separate out
values of @type which were legitimate ("gloss", "encoders", "speakers",
"index", "attendance") from those which were clearly renditional
("simple", "bulleted", "bullets", "ordered"), and change the latter in
our usage, our examples, and our explanations, to use @rend.

Does that fit with everyone else's memory of the discussion, or do I
have it wrong?

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)