[tei-council] missing refLists (was Re: <g> in <line> not allowed)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 06:08:53 EDT 2013

On 19 Apr 2013, at 10:21, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 19/04/13 10:12, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>
>> i am wondering whether to automate this by looking for the
>> nearest ancestor <div> which has a specDesc pointing at the relevant
>> element. would people agree this is a worthwhile strategy?
>
> we probably need references to *all* such <div>s, since <specDesc>s for the same element can appear in multiple places.

fair does. if there's specDesc for an element, link to it

mind you, i do think putting it in the source is redundant. if it can be derived automatically, which fossilise the current state? if you add a new
section to a chapter and add a specDesc pointing at <line>, you''ll probably forget to update the spec for <line> itself

> i suggest you try adding them automatically, and then we can check to see which ones have been missed. I won't be totally surprised to find a few elements which don't even make it into a specDesc.

i think i checked that just now, and didn't find any, but I agree there matt be some

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services