[tei-council] <g> in <line> not allowed?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 04:58:34 EDT 2013

On 19 Apr 2013, at 09:46, Tomaz Erjavec <tomaz.erjavec at IJS.SI>
 wrote:

> This does look like a bug. I also noticed that <line> doesn't have a pointer to the section in which it is discussed, which can of course be very useful and (almost) all other elements have this information. But not all - I've noticed some others without the link into the Guidelines, but, alas, didn't make a record. Still, it shouldn't be too hard to identify them automatically I think (//elementSpec[not(listRef)]) - fixing them would take a bit longer though..

there are actually 60 offenders (listed below), which is a bit excessive.  i am wondering whether to automate this by looking for the nearest ancestor <div> which has a specDesc pointing at the relevant element.  would people agree this is a worthwhile strategy?

age
altIdent
appInfo
application