[tei-council] respond by 1 May: summary of and path forward for "no longer recommended" and "deprecated" practices

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 04:42:11 EDT 2013

a few things

 a) "The value of @validUntil shall be no sooner than two years from the date of the change." - did we agree on "no sooner than two years"? I vaguely thought it was one year from the date of the release in which the status changes. we did see-saw around that area

 b) we can automate the check in 3. of the wiki page. i.e. don't ask people to go grepping, but instead add to the build checks so that a validUntil which is less than 6 months away from todays date generates a warning and a validUntil which is after todays date generates an error. This will cause Jenkins to fail the build if we ignore a validUntil date.

  c) for 1 B, i would suggest a formal process whereby the release notes have a section listing all the Specs waiting on death row, with their date. so we write a script
to generate a section for inclusion in the notes. anything which cane be automated, lets automate...

I will wait to do the stylesheet changes until you have done the first @validUntil, so we have something to test on. it won't be hard,
so shout when you're ready and we can get the implementation done quickly
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services