[tei-council] XInclude namespace in chapters

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 16 23:45:44 EDT 2013

I've been struggling for a while this evening to figure out why I
couldn't validate the chapter source files; Oxygen was complaining that
the XInclude element wasn't allowed in e.g. <specGrp>, but I have Oxygen
set up to do XIncludes before trying to validate. Finally I realized
that all the XInclude elements in the chapters have this namespace:

http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude

whereas the actual XInclude namespace is this:

http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude

(2001, not 2003).

The 2003 namespace placeholder says:

"This document describes the namespace http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude.
This namespace name is deprecated and must not be used. Please use
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude instead. "

Any reason why I shouldn't change this? It'll make it possible for us to
validate chapter fragments automatically.