[tei-council] Approval of SIG for Computer-Mediated Communication.

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Apr 10 16:28:38 EDT 2013

I'm not objecting to what has or will happen with this SIG. Just want
to point out that historically the reason the Technical Council has
"yes/no" approval over the creation of SIGs is merely to prevent, or
at least make explicit to involved parties, any overlap between the
proposed SIG and existing SIGs, WGs, Council subcommittees, etc.
Council might make suggestions, but had no authority over SIGs. (That
may have changed since I last payed attention to this issue 4+ years
ago.)