[tei-council] closing a ticket on Allura platform?

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 8 11:52:45 EDT 2013

On 08/04/13 14:32, James Cummings wrote:
> On 08/04/13 14:12, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> Confirmed.  No need to make me a developer.  Frankly, I'd rather not be
>> one so I can continue to help diagnose things that the admins may not be
>> able to see.
>
> Great! I'll do what it was I said I'd do in that earlier message
> then... stand by for Council, and Council only all to become the
> only 'Developers' on the SourceForge site with a 'miscellaneous'
> or something group to put everyone else in.

Just to follow this up. I've used the groups that SF auto-creates
of 'Admin', 'Developer', 'Member'.

I've put all Council + David Sewell in the 'Developer' group.
Anyone who wants to act as a release technician needs to be in
this group.  This group has been given admin/update/etc.
permissions on the various ticket categories (Bugs, FR, Support
Requests).  They also have admin permissions in 'Code'.

The 'Member' group includes Council +
everyone-else-who-was-already-a-developer-but-is-not-council.
They have no special powers over ticket tools, but do have write
permission to Code.

Let me know if you notice any side-effects of all this moving
around of access control.  We could probably remove lots of the
people from being 'members' without them noticing or caring. Or
create an intermediate group which has svn write permissions.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk