[tei-council] TE Council Meeting in April.

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Apr 6 14:59:04 EDT 2013

Just to flesh out this thread a bit more:

> What is the weather like in RI in April?

I use [1] myself. I particularly like the "HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH".

> what the easiest way is to get from Boston Logan to Providence is?

Here's what I sent to George Bin a on this topic last week:

To get to and from the airport:

* The cheapest option is probably the MBTA "silver line" bus (SL1)[2]
  to South Station, then an MBTA commuter rail "purple line" train to
  Providence[3]. Cost would likely be ~13 USD per person each way.

* I'm sure there are limo or taxi services that would be quite easy
  but quite expensive. Knights Limo[4], e.g., would be 188 USD each
  way for up to 4 people, and Northeast Limo is 139 USD.[5]

* The compromise solution that most of us use is the Peter Pan bus.[6]
  Cost is ~40 USD per person round trip. It will pick you up directly
  in front of the airport terminal (Terminal E), and take you to
  Kennedy Plaza, which is an ~110-330 meter walk from the entrance to
  the Biltmore (depending on which end of the plaza the bus stops).
  The trip is only a few minutes longer than the other options (only
  makes 2 other stops on the way), and the bus is typically quite
  comfortable. The only disadvantage is it doesn't run very often, so
  you sometimes end up waiting in the airport for an hour or so to get
  it. I've often purchased my ticket from Logan to Providence on the
  bus. But you may want to contact Peter Pan to be sure that is an
  option, as I haven't done this in over a year.

Notes
-----
[1] http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.8239891&lon=-71.41283429999999&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Providence%2C%20RI%2C%20USA
[2] http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/logan/#Providence
[3] http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=PROVSTOU
[4] http://www.knightslimo.com/
[5] http://www.nelimos.com/
[6] http://peterpanbus.com/bus_travel_destinations/boston-logan-airport-bus/.
    When asked FROM and TO, you want BOSTON LOGAN AIRPORT and PROV K
    PLAZA, RI.