[tei-council] where to put bibliographic citations in the Guidelines

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Apr 5 16:01:32 EDT 2013

On 13-04-05 12:42 PM, James Cummings wrote:

> Would this be another possible code bounty?
>
> If we are adding more javascript to the Guidelines bit of the site
> would it be good to standardise on a Cross browser library like
> jQuery rather than lots of bespoke /individualistic code?

I hate introducing a dependency on something as vast as JQuery when you
could perfectly well write it in 30 lines of standard JavaScript. If we
could demonstrate that we have a need for enough of the JQuery
functionality to justify including it (and updating and testing it
etc.), then it would be worth it, but for a little popup window thing it
would be ridiculous, I think.

> James
>

> -- Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford
>
> Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> On 5 Apr 2013, at 19:07, Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at BROWN.EDU> wrote:
>
>> We should probably start thinking about how to get a web
>> accessibility appraisal of the Guidelines in HTML (at least). Do
>> we have any in-house expertise in this area?
>>
>> Just popping the TOC page through WAVE yields 4 errors and 577
>> alerts.
>

> It would make sense to consider a general UX review of the HTML
> Guidelines, of which accessibility review of that mechanical type
> would be part.  its a possible useful way to spend money, I think.
> -- Sebastian Rahtz Director (Research) of Academic IT University of
> Oxford IT Services 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865
> 283431

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)