[tei-council] Food per diem amounts

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 11:31:07 EDT 2013

A reminder that the maximum per diem for all meals for a TEI
council meeting is $71/day.

These come from the GSA rates at
http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104877 (when the location is
within the US, we use the State Department's rates
http://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per_diem.asp when outside).

Previously we've broken these into Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner to
match the

http://www.tei-c.org/Admin/TEI_travel_form.pdf

but that is the target that you should be trying to keep under if
you don't want to be out-of-pocket.

In the cases where we are all having a meal out together it has
often been the case that someone whose credit card is in local US
currency will pay and then submit a full and detailed receipt to
be reimbursed for this. (This stops extra expenses from exchange
rates, etc.)  In cases where someone pays then you should _not_
claim for that meal, lest JohnU get confused.

Best,

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk