[tei-council] URL in get.xml doesn't go anywhere

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Apr 3 11:39:37 EDT 2013

Martin,

In OpenCMS, navigate to /Support/. In the file list, you'll see "TEI_Wiki" with
a globe icon. Right-click on it and choose "Edit Link" to change the target.

(Thanks for making all these changes. I should note that I've had my hands full
with work-related things and am not keeping as close a watch on the
Board/Council lists as I'd like. It wouldn't hurt to send me email directly for
any web-related things that need my input or help.)

David

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Martin Holmes wrote:

> I've changed everything I can find in the CMS that references
> tei-c.org/wiki to wiki.tei-c.org, but there are still a couple of
> references that Kevin pointed out in the menus of these pages:
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/Support/
> http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/
>
> I can't see how those page-level menus are being created -- it's
> presumably somewhere in the XSLT. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> On 13-04-02 04:33 PM, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> I dug through emails from 2008 for the history.
>>
>> Originally MediaWiki was installed at http://www.tei-c.org/wiki , but I
>> requested the virtual host for the very selfish reason that I wanted to
>> continue using Firefox's Awesome Bar to autocomplete URLs that I would
>> type in order to go straight to a particular wiki page that I had in
>> mind.  James sought approval from Council in December 2008, and then
>> Shayne Brandon set up the virtual host and an Apache redirect from the
>> old location.
>>
>> So, yes, I think you've got it right on which URLs are preferred.
>>
>> Incidentally, you might also notice that we have left-hand navigation
>> menu links at these two pages:
>>
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Support/
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/
>>
>> that redirect to the wiki.  These use OpenCMS-based redirects.
>>
>> --Kevin
>>
>> On 4/1/13 8:41 PM, Martin Holmes wrote:
>>> Just checking before I go any further with this:
>>>
>>> I have the impression that any links to www.tei-c.org/wiki should be
>>> changed to wiki.tei-c.org, based on what James says below, so I've been
>>> doing that wherever I come across them. There are quite a few, though.
>>> Am I right that they should be going in that direction? In other words:
>>>
>>> www.tei-c.org/wiki    <-- BAD
>>> wiki.tei-c.org/       <-- GOOD
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martin

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA