[tei-council] URL in get.xml doesn't go anywhere

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Apr 2 19:33:57 EDT 2013

I dug through emails from 2008 for the history.

Originally MediaWiki was installed at http://www.tei-c.org/wiki , but I
requested the virtual host for the very selfish reason that I wanted to
continue using Firefox's Awesome Bar to autocomplete URLs that I would
type in order to go straight to a particular wiki page that I had in
mind.  James sought approval from Council in December 2008, and then
Shayne Brandon set up the virtual host and an Apache redirect from the
old location.

So, yes, I think you've got it right on which URLs are preferred.

Incidentally, you might also notice that we have left-hand navigation
menu links at these two pages:

http://www.tei-c.org/Support/
http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/

that redirect to the wiki.  These use OpenCMS-based redirects.

--Kevin