[tei-council] outdated navbar and footer on tei.sourceforge.net

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 06:23:07 EST 2013

On 11/02/13 09:50, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> That makes sense. But we should still change it to being an XML
>> file that is transformed when we build Guidelines-web so that it
>> gets the latest navbar links if we've changed those. Any
>> suggestion where the best place to put the file in SVN is and how
>> to include it in the build process?
>>

> i think I am not understanding this. what does the cycle of building
> P5 have to do with the cycle of changes to navbars and top menus?
> whatever those change on www.tei-c, they should change on SF too.
>
> or I am confused and are you talking about the Guidelines HTML?
> is some prtion of that static?

The index.html file at tei.sf.net is currently manually created.
I cut-and-paste the latest menu bars into it and rsync it to SF
when I remember to do so, which isn't very often.  I'm suggesting
that since we already always need to make sure the Guidelines-web
menu bars are up-to-date when they are generated then we could
include auto-generation of this file into the build process and
push a copy of it to SF as part of the release process.
(Updating it at every release being better than just remembering
to do it every so often. It means we won't forget it.)  Do you
have a suggestion of a better way to do this that is separate?
I'm happy to implement it, just want to make sure I'm doing so in
the right way and that we agree it is a good idea.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk