[tei-council] Should Roma be doing this?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 08:42:51 EST 2013

On 6 Feb 2013, at 13:31, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
 wrote:

> First of all, I think we should get rid of it in this particular case.
> As Syd and Sebastian say, it makes no sense, especially when we're a bit
> in doubt already about what the recommended values should be.

i think this case, <list>, is rather tricky, as the @type is rather
vital. Usually, having no @type on an element  is  fine, but
it is used very often with <list> to effectively indicate rendition.

having a <defaultVal> is a confusion, as noted, but some
prose indicating what an untyped list _does_ represent
would be useful.

it would be nice to have a facsimile of what the example
from Pope Hadrian looked like.
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services