[tei-council] Should Roma be doing this?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Feb 6 06:29:26 EST 2013

That's about the result I expected, and is exactly the kind of thing
I think we should document. (Although, as with XSD, say of RELAX NG
that a basic processor will give you no knowledge of the default
value, and one that follows (the ISO equivalent of) _RELAX NG DTD
Compatibility Annotations_ will give you the default value.)

And while it may be unsatisfactory, it isn't of *our* doing, and
there isn't much we can do about it[1] except try to help our users
wade through it.

Notes
-----
[1] Yes, the entire TEI community could stand and cry out to the W3C
    in unison "schema-added information to an XML document is evil,
    please stop it". I wonder if they'd even waste the breath to
    laugh at us.