[tei-council] content model of <eg>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 06:23:10 EST 2013

On 6 Feb 2013, at 11:17, Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu>
 wrote:

> My instinct is that I don't want to give <eg> a real content model OR
> a default value of xml:space="preserve". I want to give it BOTH a
> real content model (is model.phraseSeq the right one?) AND a default
> value of xml:space="preserve". (Except that I don't like default
> attribute values much at all. See previous post/thread :-)

well, quite. we don't have a mechanism for saying it should be
given  xml:space="preserve", so we'd have to rely on the
prose explaining that. which would be better than nothing.

we _could_ make xml:space mandatory on <eg>, to make
people think about it.

(no, I don't know exactly what the right content model should be.
phraseSeq was a guess)
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services