[tei-council] Front and titlePage

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 05:51:41 EST 2013

Hiya TEI Technical Council,

I've been reading through the Default Text Structure chapter and
a minor organisational question jumped out at me.  If you look at
the table of contents of DS:
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/DS.html, why
is section 4.6 (title pages) not nested inside the section 4.5
(front matter)?  Is it that title pages are so important that
they deserve a equal footing with front and back even though
lower in the XML hierarchy?

For what it is worth, this separation out as a division dates
from at least P2.

Just thought I'd ask as any principle of when something should be
a separate section or nested.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk