[tei-council] is <eg> special as regards whitespace?

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 12:20:56 EST 2013

I'm of the opinion that <eg> is not special as regards
whitespace. If its definition is to be revised then there could
be an argument for extending its content model.

i.e. now it allows only character data... which is very much
*not* the model of 'illustrative example' that I think most
people would understand. It makes sense only as its roots in ODD
not is any provision for wider use.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk