[tei-council] Prefixing ids with "tei_"

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 14:29:35 EST 2013

On 18/01/13 19:26, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> The wrinkle is that I can't find a way to do just the in-page ids; I
> have to do the page filenames as well, because @xml:ids are intimately
> tied up with chapter page names. So where before we had SD.html, we now
> have tei_SD.html. This will be annoying to people who have bookmarked
> pages in the guidelines, but it could be mitigated by redirects.

I think that's very annoying. It's also feature-creep -- we embarked on
the idea of modifying the IDs because they're transparent, but the page
identifiers are not.

> If this change is unacceptable, then I think I'll have to give up on
> this approach, and go for post-processing the Guidelines pages after
> they're generated. I think that will add more time to the build than the
> pre-processing approach.

really?

> Let me know what you think. It may be that this whole idea is not worth
> the trouble.

It's never seemed worth the effort to me, to tell the truth. We had one
problem, which we solved without going to these lengths.