[tei-council] Release Process

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Jan 18 08:40:58 EST 2013

I think release notes and version information should be done at least a
week before release. Since there will be no schema-affecting changes,
there's no reason not to, and in both of the last two releases we've
found typos in them at the very last minute, which slowed things down a
bit. If the clock gets reset at some point, we'd have to change the dates.

Watching the release process yesterday made me think again about using
git. If Council members could continue their schema-changing work in
their own forks, leaving the trunk unchanged, during the two-week
release period, we might have less instability. Then immediately after
release, they could merge their branches and let Jinks have at them.

--
Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre