[tei-council] http://purl.org/tei/fr/3575450

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 05:36:24 EST 2013

Hi all,

In ticket http://purl.org/tei/fr/3575450 Torsten asks that
<availability> be allowed inside <recordHist> to enable
manuscript descriptions have individual licences.  While I think
this is a bit bonkers (as Lou expressed on the ticket), I think
the way to solve it really is much easier than what Torsten
requested.

Let's say it wasn't an <msDesc> that had a different licence, but
a <text> or a <div>, what would we do then?  Well simple, you
say, we'd use @decls on this element to point to the header to
say that this is the license that applies here.  And right you'd
be!

My counter-proposal to Torsten is that we recommend storing all
the licenses up in the header, as we would with different license
for <text> elements, and that we have <msDesc> claim membership
in the att.declaring class (which will get it the @decls
attribute and the ability to choose non-default bits of the
header that apply to it).

Any objections or thoughts before I summarise this back on the
ticket?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk