[tei-council] <timeline> without timing information?

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 14 06:27:17 EST 2013

Hi all,

I agree with Lou here, this is showing how the utterances are
ordered and I've never found it confusing.  The problem comes
from the use of the phrase 'specific timing information' which
does, as Martin points out, seem to imply that there should be
specific time-stamps given.  I'd suggest adding the timing
information as suggested by Martin, but then copying the current
example after it and saying something like "If only the ordering
or sequencing of utterances is needed, then specific timing
information does not need to be provided." And having the current
example after that.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk