[tei-council] <timeline> without timing information?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 12 17:09:44 EST 2013

While I've no objection to adding some more detail to the example as
Martin suggests, I must protest at the suggestion that it is currently
incoherent. The point which is not perhaps being made clearly enough
here is that simply aligning bits of a dialog with distinct <when>
elements provides some kind of temporal ordering for them, since <when>s
are always ordered within a <timeline>, even in the absence of
additional timing information. Whereas the synchronization attributes
just allow you to say that events are um synchronous, without saying
anything about the order in which they occur