[tei-council] display of modified arts in P5

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 14 06:13:44 EST 2013

On 13/01/13 14:09, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> see http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-abbr.html
> for the latest display which may be helpful

Let me see if I'm reading this right:
1) This says that <abbr> gets @subtype from att.typed but not @type?
2) It then creates a new @type element which is modified in some
way but I've no idea how?
3) It says 'Derived from att.typed' to indicate this is a pure
subset change? But since locally re-defined it won't inherit any
future changes to att.typed's @type?

If I was an average user looking at this I would really be
wondering why @type is redefined locally in preference to using
the att.typed version.

Should it be policy that any time we do something like this it
requires a note/remark here about why this has been done?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk