[tei-council] "soft deprecation": use @status='deprecated' ?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 13 14:26:37 EST 2013

On 13 Jan 2013, at 18:51, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
 wrote:

> I suspect there will be gotchas, though. For instance I just renamed
> att.sourced to att.edition; a Birnbaum module that attempted to restore
> a deleted attribute to att.sourced would fail because it's not there any
> more. We'd have to maintain the Birnbaum module carefully alongside the
> main codebase, updating it to take account of changes like this.

Yes, it would take some careful thought on how to do it. But it seems worth a
try, a maintained schema which confirmed Birnbaumites could access.

Lou will shudder when I now also suggest the FarFutureCalling [1] module,
which includes things we are considering adding to the TEI; an incubation
module, if you like.

Pythoneers will recall the "from future import xxx" directive.

[1] http://olafstapledonarchive.webs.com/farfuturecalling.html
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services