[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 12:38:25 EST 2013

For the record, I was agreeing with Sebastian when I wrote the below.
The "major new re-architecture" I rather clumsily mentioned would be
reversing last summer's implementation, and/or making a new rule that we
can't use it in the Guidelines. I think Sebastian's current solution is
fine; the panic about allowing local deletion of attributes from classes
and contortions to avoid it is what I think we don't want to try to
force into this release....

On 2013-01-11 17:34, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2013, at 16:50, Gabriel Bodard <gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk>
>   wrote:
>
>> for example), but to put off these changes until after this release, so
>> that we can have several months to spot problems in the Jinks versions
>> before we release again. (In other words, even a week isn't enough. This
>> is supposed to be a maintenance release, not a major new re-architecture.)
>>
> Hang on, the functionality and display has been there and in use since last summer,
> so there is nothing to put off. We could undo changes made
> last summer but thats an even more frightening prospect
>
> let me reiterate that all this is NOT a last minute big change I am proposing.
> it is a change we discussed 9 months ago, and which was made last summer,
> and went through the autumn release.
>
> Only now has anyone noticed the effect, however…..
>
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
> University of Oxford IT Services

Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy

Digital Humanities