[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 12:34:51 EST 2013

On 11 Jan 2013, at 16:50, Gabriel Bodard <gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> for example), but to put off these changes until after this release, so
> that we can have several months to spot problems in the Jinks versions
> before we release again. (In other words, even a week isn't enough. This
> is supposed to be a maintenance release, not a major new re-architecture.)

Hang on, the functionality and display has been there and in use since last summer,
so there is nothing to put off. We could undo changes made
last summer but thats an even more frightening prospect

let me reiterate that all this is NOT a last minute big change I am proposing.
it is a change we discussed 9 months ago, and which was made last summer,
and went through the autumn release.

Only now has anyone noticed the effect, however…..

Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services