[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Jan 11 12:01:16 EST 2013

On 13-01-11 08:45 AM, Syd Bauman wrote:
> Two related thoughts:
>
> * Why is this urgent? I realize we had planned for a release of the
>    Guidelines soon (14th? 17th?), but why is that carved in stone? I'd
>    much prefer to get this right and push the release a week later.

It's remarkable how the fact of a looming release date seems to
crystallize all sorts of major issues that ought to have lengthy
consideration and should never be handled in the run-up to it. But I
still favour sticking to the release date -- Hugh has presumably cleared
his schedule, as have others who will be helping him in case things go
wrong, and it's difficult to rearrange all that.

> * Elli Mylonas mentioned the possibility of leaving the tagdoc page
>    looking pretty much as it does, but if element <foo> has deleted
>    attribute @bar from class att.duck, then the "@bar" would be
>    crossed out in the parenthetical list of attributes that follow
>    "att.duck". (Just an idea.)

This seems like a good idea. The crossed-out attribute could also be a
link to an explanatory page which shows how you can add it back if you
want to.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)