[tei-council] Guidelines Ch. 6

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 11:57:56 EST 2013

Well, to defend this apparent oddity,  in this particular case, the
ottavarima, as practiced by Byron at least, it *does* make sense to talk
of the sestet and the couplet,  and the rhyming structure is  completely
regular within that structure. So I can see why the author of this piece
might propose using these as values for @rhyme, to avoid the tedium of
saying "ABABAB" for the former and "CC" for the latter (vel sim). And a
"couplet" is always a pair of lines which rhyme, not just a pair of lines.

However, I have no problem with Becky's revision, which leaves this
whole question (rightly) under specified.