[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 08:11:49 EST 2013

On 5 Jan 2013, at 03:38, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info> wrote:

> Looking through the history in Subversion, I see that att.sourced has
> had data.code since the beginning, when it was implemented as part of
> http://purl.org/TEI/FR/2216574 .

true. but what we're missing is a collective memory of how we intended
data.code to work. It isn't used anywhere else except att.sourced, and
I cant recall now why it is different to data.pointer. I think I remember there _was_
discussion about that, but I can't trace it.

Mr Occam would suggest that the correct course of action could be

  - remove data.code
  - change att.sourced to use data.pointer
  - change prose to say that @ed must point to something
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services