[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 16:32:33 EST 2013

see conversation about Pessoa on TEI-L.

On the one hand:
    @ed is described with "supplies an arbitrary identifier for the source edition in which
      the associated feature (for example, a  page, column, or line
      break) occurs at this point in the text" , with a gloss of
     "A string of characters or sigil used conventionally to identify  the edition", and an example is <lb ed="1674"/>

On the other hand:
    The datatype of @ed is data.code, which is anyURI

I put if to you all that this cannot stand. The prose describes something like @cRef,
the datatype is like @wit.

I suggest that the datatype is what we intended, and that the prose
has not been brought into line.

Anyone with me?
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services