[tei-council] <quotation>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 13:58:20 EST 2012

On 11 Dec 2012, at 17:52, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:

> We would presumably want to retain the functionality for default values
> in the ODD infrastructure, since we offer this as a generic solution for
> non-TEI XML languages, but (if we went down this road) remove all
> defined default values from TEI specifications.

Or we could just not pass them on to the schemas.

The data performs a valuable function. To take a simple example,
it tells you that attDef/@usage defaults to "opt", which is important.
It's just less clear how to make it available to a processor these days
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services