[tei-council] <quotation>

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Dec 11 12:52:01 EST 2012

On 12-12-11 07:33 AM, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> D'oh! Of course we do, otherwise the (very annoying) behavior I spotted
> in Oxygen a few weeks ago would never have happened!
>
> I have to say, I don't like it. When we have the conversation about
> default attributes, I think I'm going to argue in as many cases as
> possible for getting rid of them! :-)

+1 from me. I've been bitten by this too, doing a simple identity transform.

We would presumably want to retain the functionality for default values
in the ODD infrastructure, since we offer this as a generic solution for
non-TEI XML languages, but (if we went down this road) remove all
defined default values from TEI specifications. Do I understand this
correctly?

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)