[tei-council] <quotation>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 06:37:27 EST 2012

On 11 Dec 2012, at 11:13, Gabriel Bodard <gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 11/12/2012 09:48, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>   a) we can't implement default values in RELAXNG schemas
>
> As an aside on this discussion, can someone explain to me, given the
> above statement from Sebastian is true (as I have always understood it
> to be), what is meant by the option in the latest versions of Oxygen to:
> "Add default attribute values" [in RNG]? (See
> http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-editor/topics/relax-ng-preferences-page.html)

The default values are put in the schema by a trick, as an annotation. RELAX NG
per se does not understand this, but oxygen folks follow the convention
of the annotation. and of course it will depend on whether you associate a schema
which your document.

but the waters are muddy, I may not be seeing clearly.

Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services