[tei-council] <quotation>

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 06:13:39 EST 2012

On 11/12/2012 09:48, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>    a) we can't implement default values in RELAXNG schemas

As an aside on this discussion, can someone explain to me, given the
above statement from Sebastian is true (as I have always understood it
to be), what is meant by the option in the latest versions of Oxygen to:
"Add default attribute values" [in RNG]? (See
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-editor/topics/relax-ng-preferences-page.html)

(I discovered this a few weeks ago because, upon upgrading to Oxygen 14
at work, I found all sorts of unfamiliar attributes being added to my
XML by an identity transform. My first thought was, "I thought we'd got
away from this crap when we stopped using DTDs!" It seems that the
option is selected by default in Oxygen, and you need to turn it off if
you don't want default attribute values being added. Which I don't.)

Apologies if this is irrelevant to the defaultVal discussion.

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL