[tei-council] $Date: and $Id:

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Dec 5 23:41:40 EST 2012

Hi Kevin,

The Subversion system adds the file date, id, date etc. to every
checkout if you do this:

1. When you create your new file, copy and paste that header bit from
any other file into the top of your file. (It doesn't matter if the
date, filename and other info from the old file is in there. Subversion
will replace it automatically later.)

2. Run this at the command line in the directory where your file is:

  svn add yourfile.xml

so Subversion knows about your new file.

3. Run this:

svn propset svn:keywords 'LastChangedRevision LastChangedBy Id
LastChangedDate HeadURL' filename.xml

4. Run svn commit to commit your changes. You'll find that even your
local copy is automatically updated by SVN to show the right id and
date, and show your id as the last editor of it.

I think I remember putting this in one of the TCWs, but I don't remember
where. I'll have a look, and if I can't find it I'll put it somewhere.

--
Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre