[tei-council] meeting problem

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Mon Dec 3 09:50:21 EST 2012

On 12/3/12 5:21 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 03/12/12 10:19, Lou Burnard wrote:
>> On 03/12/12 10:06, Lou Burnard wrote:
>> the answer is to remove the occurrence of <meeting> from the content
>> model where it is given as an alternate for <note>.
>
> ... which I see Sebastian has just done.

The problem with doing this is that it invalidates:

<biblStruct>
  <monogr>
   <title>Proceedings of a workshop on corpus resources</title>
   <respStmt>
    <resp>Programme Organizer</resp>
    <name>Geoffrey Leech</name>
   </respStmt>
   <meeting>DTI Speech and Language Technology Club meeting, 3-4
      January 1990, Wadham College, Oxford</meeting>
   <imprint>
    <pubPlace>Oxford</pubPlace>
   </imprint>
  </monogr>
</biblStruct>

which is given at the end of section 3.11.2.2
(http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/CO.html#COBICOR).
In this example, the work emanates from Geoffrey Leech and yet the
<meeting> is included as well.

If we continue to allow this, I suggest that I simply remove <meeting>
from the content model in the *other* places I added it but add it back
here.  For this ticket, I was just trying to complete the content model
of <monogr> to be internally consistent in the TEI.  We weren't
responding to any request from someone trying to use <monogr> with
<meeting>.

--Kevin