[tei-council] biblscope and imprint

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Nov 5 08:25:22 EST 2012

The W3C guide to using language subtags actually uses ru-Latn as the
specific example for script subtags:

"Script subtags should only be used as part of a language tag when the
script adds some useful distinguishing information to the tag. Usually
this is because a language is written in more than one script or because
the content has been transcribed into a script that is unusual to the
language (so one might tag Russian transcribed into the Latin script
with a tag such as ru-Latn)."

<http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-choosing-language-tags>

So I think Kevin might be misunderstanding BCP 47, and ru-Latn should be
used.

--
Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre