[tei-council] Uploading files to the WIKI (fwd)

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Sun Nov 4 21:17:22 EST 2012

Sorry: having just created a temporary wiki account lacking
administrator privileges, I see that upload of the XML file is not only
warned but prevented.

It may be that upgrading WikiMedia is the only fix. But I'll poke around
some more as well.

David

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, David Sewell wrote:

> I am getting the same error message. But it is totally ignorable, no?
>
> Here is all that I did:
>
> 1) Click "Upload file" in sidebar.
>
> 2) Upload a random XML file on my machine called Test.xml
>
> 3) The file uploads, and produces a file page that indeed contains an ominous
> warning:
>
> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/File:Test.xml
>
> but it doesn't prevent the file from being opened:
>
> http://wiki.tei-c.org/images/d/d1/Test.xml
>
> or referenced:
>
> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/User:DavidSewell
>
> (click on link in last line).
>
> If an ordinary registered user can do that, we have no problem, I think.
>
> David
>
> On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, James Cummings wrote:
>

>> Bah I've hacked and hacked and hacked and not been able to solve this.
>>
>> I went through includes/SpecialUpload.php commenting out *all* the checks
>> it does on mimetype, on whether it is an HTML file, javascript, etc. ...
>> ihad huge functions  doing absolutely nothing but returning that everything
>> was ok.
>>
>> *still* same error message.
>>
>> I give up until after the members meeting if you or shayne haven't fixed it
>> by then. ;-)
>>
>> -James
>>

>> On 04/11/12 18:46, David Sewell wrote:
>>> James,
>>>
>>> Thanks for tweaking the MediaWiki settings! And if anyone
>>> continues to have problems uploading files that should be
>>> legitimately accepted we can investigate further.

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA