[tei-council] Uploading files to the WIKI

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Nov 4 14:24:10 EST 2012

Thanks to James and David for looking at this.

To answer Lou, I wasn't asking to be able to display XML files in a
web-pagey way through a transformation or CSS, just to be able to post
them there so people can download them or view them in their browser.

If it turns out to be a security issue, or no easy and safe workaround
is available, then there is an obvious alternative, as James suggests:
we can create a location (for instance in SVN) where files in support of
wiki pages could be posted, and link to them there. I certainly don't
want to expose the wiki to potential hacks. But if the restrictions are
staying in place, we need to test what's allowed and what isn't, and
revise the explanatory text on the upload page.

To test James's changes, I just tried uploading the XML file again, and
the results are the same.