[tei-council] Uploading files to the WIKI

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 4 13:43:20 EST 2012

David (Council CC'ed),

This is actually a different problem. We've always had the
permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, ogg, zip, xsl, xml,
dtd, odd, rnc, rng, txt, pdf. It is just an earlier upgrade on
media wiki introduced script checking where it (falsely)
identifies TEI files as potentially dodgy HTML or javascript.
I've not investigated how it does this check and why it is
failing, but found a number of reported  bugs about it.

I've set $wgDisableUploadScriptChecks to true, and explicitly
marked non-registered users as not being able to upload (though I
think this was our default any way).  Piotr and Kevin will
probably advise if this results in people who shouldn't being
able to upload files.

It allowed me to, but I might have special powers.

Lou: We're not talking about uploading and processing TEI files
of any particular type, but just uploading XML files in the same
way you might upload PDFs or PNGs, etc.  Frankly if I was Martin
I'd probably just link to the XML file provided elsewhere.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford