[tei-council] Uploading files to the WIKI

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Sun Nov 4 08:52:54 EST 2012

During the last upgrade of the TEI wiki, we ran into a PHP issue or two
that required changes to files on the server that were root-access only,
meaning Shayne needed to intervene. If that's the case this time, a fix
will probably need to wait until Monday. But I'll take a look at things
when I can today--may not be until evening as I have a commitment
earlier.

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, Piotr Bański wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> It might have been inadvertently changed during the upgrade of the wiki
> software (veeery useful, it fixed a few problems, spambots among
> others). David has done a great wizarding job on that, hopefully he can
> help with the file upload issue as well.
>
>  P.
>
> On 04/11/12 03:19, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm working on my Prefix Definition Proposal on the wiki, and I've
>> drafted a new section of the Guidelines that I wanted to include as part
>> of the proposal. This is a regular TEI file, including a div which could
>> be inserted into the SA chapter. It's obviously easier to write it
>> directly in TEI, and then insert it into the chapter if and when it gets
>> approval, than to draft it in a word-processor and then have to tag it
>> up afterwards.
>>
>> I wanted to upload this to the wiki so people could vet it, but when I
>> tried to upload it as an XML file, the wiki said:
>>
>> "This file contains HTML or script code that may be erroneously
>> interpreted by a web browser."
>>
>> So I tried zipping it up (as I've done before with a script file). This
>> time, it said:
>>
>> "Files of the MIME type "application/zip" are not allowed to be uploaded."
>>
>> But the wiki upload page also says:
>>
>> "Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, ogg, zip, xsl, xml, dtd,
>> odd, rnc, rng, txt, pdf."
>>
>> In other words, it's supposed to be able to accept both XML and zip
>> files, but it won't. Someone or something must have changed the settings
>> since I last uploaded a zip file last year, but not changed the text of
>> the page which explains the limitations.
>>
>> I think a TEI wiki that doesn't allow us to upload XML files is a bit
>> ridiculous. Could we get this changed?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA