[tei-council] Jenkins config changes

Piotr Banski bansp at o2.pl
Sun Oct 28 15:40:30 EDT 2012

On 28/10/12 19:55, James Cummings wrote:
[...]
> Some projects use odd numbering for 'testing' or 'release
> candidate' releases and even for actual releases.  I.e. we could
> do 2.2.1 as a candidate and then even with no significant changes
> do 2.2.2 as the stable version of it.  Just thinking out loud.

Given the number of post-factum-discovered problems in the recent
releases, this idea doesn't sound bad. OTOH, these problems are most
often (?) discovered thanks to the users.

So do you mean that, e.g., 2.2.1 would be released 'silently' (merely
announced on the homepage and in SF, not on the list), and we would
count on testers to find some wrinkles?

   P.