[tei-council] Jenkins config changes

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 14:55:15 EDT 2012

On 27/10/12 19:27, Martin Holmes wrote:
> I have a thought: we should make the occasional version change purely
> for internal testing, between releases. If we once in a while did e.g.
> 2.2.1, 2.2.2 etc., but just for Jinks and not for release, we'd be able
> to inspect the results at our leisure, and know if the real release
> process would be likely to experience problems.

This is an interesting idea, what do others think? Though surely
the point of Jenkins is it is built for release continually?

Some projects use odd numbering for 'testing' or 'release
candidate' releases and even for actual releases.  I.e. we could
do 2.2.1 as a candidate and then even with no significant changes
do 2.2.2 as the stable version of it.  Just thinking out loud.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford