[tei-council] moduleRef/@except != elementSpec[@mode=delete]

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 09:24:29 EDT 2012

Oh right, I keep forgetting that Roma updates are not restricted to the
Guidelines release schedule--so because the last two schemas I generated
were both against the same version of the ODD, I expected them to be
identical.

But yes, I've performed your experiment and run both versions of our ODD
through Roma today and they are indeed almost identical. (The one
difference is I suspect something else I'd changed at the same time.)

Thanks, Sebastian,

On 2012-10-09 09:43, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> to expand further
>
>    a) xxx mode="delete" and except="xxx" should be functionally identically. if they are not, its an error
>    b) i have made several attempts to generate leaner schemas. so I tend to delete patterns (like "tei_model.msQuoteLike_alternation")
> which are not referenced anywhere. I suspect you are seeing the results of this austerity regime
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
> University of Oxford IT Services

Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy

Digital Humanities