[tei-council] I'm feeling radical about P5 distribution

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 16:15:22 EDT 2012

folks,

I am fed up with the division of the TEI into source, doc, schema, test, exemplars, and database.
I don't believe it's ever used meaningfully, and it is only exposed in the debian packages. I am
being asked again by the Debian people to clean up our packages for inclusion in the core
Debian, and I'd like to make a clean start.

Waddya say we only have

  tei-source (includes old exemplars, database, source, test)
  tei-schema (compiled schemas for daily use, and templates)
  tei-doc (compiled documentation)

from now on?

Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services