[tei-council] oxygen, schematron

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Oct 5 13:03:37 EDT 2012

I think perhaps we should be explicit in calling the templates directory
"Oxygen-Templates". It would be easier for the likes of me to figure
out, a year from now, where that Oxygen-related stuff is coming from. It
would also help regular users who might want to grab the
latest-and-greatest templates from SVN and put them into their Oxygen
directory.

On 12-10-05 09:37 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> would anyone like to forbid me moving ahead as per below?
>

> On 25 Sep 2012, at 15:35, Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I did a little poking. I now understand how the TEI P5 framework maps the root element and namespace to a schema, and I have
>> changed that to include the Schematron thang. I also found the template files which have explicit <?xml-model PIs in place.
>> We can the Schematron thing to them.
>>
>> Question: should we manage these oxygen templates as part of the Guidelines?
>>
>> My proposal is that we
>>
>> * rename Exemplars CustomizationTemplates
>> * remove the .xml files from there
>> * put the oxygen templates in a new directory called Templates, with RNG and ISOSCHEMATRON xml-model PIs
>> * redo packaging accordingly, to build oxygen from our new Templates dir
>>

> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
> University of Oxford IT Services

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)