[tei-council] State of play on AMBER tickets

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 15 09:59:54 EDT 2012

There are only 19 AMBER tickets as of 15/09.

Of these, I think three are actually fairly clear and just need action:
with a bit of tidying they could be green:

F/3531957  allow a footer for a <table>
F/3511398  Need to implement Schematron rules for attribute values
F/2834511  Add more elements to att.spanning with schematron constraint

Three further tickets indicate clearly enough for drafting purposes some
places where clarifications and revisions to text of Glines are needed:

  B/3496949  Guidelines, p. 388 - "<wit>[unattested]</wit>" (bodard)
  B/3496958  Guidelines, p. 384 - number of <rdg> in <app>  (bodard)
  F/3496494  make attributes from and to (as pointers) part of a class

And two more are concerned with some tweaking of current attribute
classes -- they just need some careful fiddling about, but nothing
controversial.

F/3291540  att.editLike should not bring att.dimensions & att.ranging
F/3284816  att.canonical for model.persTraitLike

Council probably needs to allocate time to discuss the following EIGHT
tickets, where the action proposed is controversial or may be
unnecessary. I've put them in (my perceived) descending order of priority.

B/3440771  Multiple <geo> tags in <location> (rahtz)
B/3439980  content model of <signed> (rahtz)
F/3526114  add @type to msDesc
F/3060867  Grouping traitlike, statelike, and eventlike elements
F/3536363  rationalize content models of org and place (etc)
F/3504690  floatingDiv proposal
B/3439587  Problems introduced by content models of bibl and imprint
(kshawkin)
B/3555602  oddbyexample non-tei:TEI start	(rahtz)

Which leaves just one ticket that seems to be concerned only with
meta-issues (how to indicate deprecation, if we wish to discuss that)

B/3376456  deprecate use of gram except as a child of gramGrp (kshawkin)

and two which are stuck, pending action elsewhere

F/3423686  an <object> element
F/3495987  members of model.respLike should be members of att.declarabl